Apr 20, 2019
Program Code: 250*/250E
CIP Code: 24.0101
General Education Requirements (44 Hours)
Some general education requirements may be double-counted in the major with departmental approval. Please see your advisor for information.
Language Requirements (6-12 Hours)
Completion of 6 semester hours at the *intermediate level or higher
Note: Language courses 1010 & 1020 or 1030 are prerequisites for *intermediate level courses.
Language courses 1050 or 1060 may be used in General Education Liberal Studies Experience.
Major Requirements (42 Hours)
2. 0 major GPA is required for graduation. Major GPA calculation will include all courses taken in fulfillment of the major requirements. Minimum of 18 semester hours of courses taken to fulfill major requirements must be courses offered by Appalachian. No more than 46 semester hours of IDS courses may be counted toward the BA Degree.
Required IDS Core (18 Hours)
Major Elective Courses (12 Hours)
- 6 hours IDS courses at or above 3000 level
- 6 hours courses GLS, GWS, IDS, or WRC
A CLEAR DEFENSIBLE STATEMENT OF GOALS explaining why such goals can be best met through interdisciplinary means.
Required (24 Hours)
AN APPROVED “PROGRAM OF STUDY CONTRACT”
This contract will consist of a minimum of 24 semester hours selected from two or more disciplines with at least 12 semester hours at the 3000 level or above; at least 1 credit approved experiential education (internship, study abroad, instructional asst., etc.) . The contract may be changed, but only with the approval of the IDS advisor and the IDS program director. A copy of the approved contract must be on file in the College of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Office.
Minor Required (12-21 Hours)
- Minimum of 9 semester hours of courses taken to fulfill minor requirements must be courses offered by Appalachian
Electives (8-18 Hours)
Taken to total 122 hours for the degree
- 2 semester hours of free electives must be outside the major discipline
Total Required (122 Hours)