Sep 22, 2019
Program Code: 316A
CIP Code: 45.0601
General Education Requirements (44 Hours)
The following 16 hours of major requirements can also count in the General Education Program:
- R C 1000 and R C 2001 (6 hours) count towards the General Education Writing Across the Curriculum requirement
- MAT 1035 (3 hours) and 1 hours of ECO 2100 fulfill the General Education Quantitative Literacy requirement
- ECO 2030 and ECO 2040 (6 hours) count towards the General Education Liberal Studies Experience requirement
WCOB Core Requirements
WCOB Admission Requirements (16 Hours)
2.6 cumulative GPA (based on 12+ graded hours at ASU), 45 earned hours and completion of the following:
WCOB Lower Level Core (18 hours)
2.0 average required
Business majors are encouraged to complete all WCOB Lower Level Core courses before taking 4000 level business courses.
Students cannot be admitted to the COB with any outstanding grades of “I”.
*MAT 1035 , ECO 2030 , ECO 2040 , and one hour of ECO 2100 already count in Gen Ed.
WCOB Upper Level Core (19 hours)
2.0 average required
*A senior check and, for students graduating in the term in which these are taken, a graduation application, must be completed prior to registering for courses indicated with an asterisk.
Global Issues Requirement
Met within the other degree requirements - does not require additional course work
The Global Issues requirement can be met by satisfying one of the following:
- International business course (See list below)
- Business faculty led study abroad (minimum 3 hours)
- Semester long study abroad for credit
- Full-time 400-hour minimum international internship for credit
- Foreign language courses at or above the 3000 level
International Business Course
Other Prerequisite Information
No more than five business courses at the 3000 level or above, including graduate-level courses, can be taken by students not admitted to the COB.
Students must have the following prerequisites for 3000 level and 4000 level business courses, in addition to course specific prerequisites:
- 45 earned hours for FIN 3100
- 45 earned hours for FIN 3680
- 45 earned hours and Management major OR 54 earned hours for MGT 3630
- 45 earned hours and Marketing major OR 54 earned hours for MKT 3050
- 45 earned hours and Supply Chain major OR 54 earned hours for SCM 3650
- 54 earned hours for all other 3000 level business courses and
- 84 earned hours and a minimum grade of “C” (2.0) in any Writing in the Discipline (WID) course for 4000 level business courses.
***IN ORDER TO GRADUATE, B.S.B.A. ECONOMICS MAJORS MUST ACHIEVE A MINIMUM AVERAGE G.P.A. OF 2.0 IN THE FOLLOWING 15 HOURS OF ECONOMICS REQUIRED AND MAJOR ELECTIVES.***
Required - Economics (9 Hours)
Elective Set 1 (3 Hours)
Choose one of the following:
College of Business Electives (3000/4000 Level) (12 Hours)
Cannot use FIN 3010 or MGT 3010
Free Electives (12 Hours)
Taken to total 120 hours for the degree
Total Required (120 Hours)
(92 hours major requirements/electives PLUS 44 hours Gen Ed requirements MINUS 16 hours of major requirements already counted in Gen Ed)