Neva Specht, Dean
Michael Madritch, Associate Dean
Mark Bradbury, Associate Dean
The College of Arts & Sciences at Appalachian State University is home to 16 academic departments, one academic program, two centers, and one residential college spanning the humanities and the social, mathematical and natural sciences. The college is dedicated to providing instruction and research essential to the University’s mission and seeks to cultivate the habits of inquiry, learning and service among all its constituents.
Dual Degree Enrollment
Qualified students may pursue two master’s degree programs simultaneously. Students interested in pursuing a dual degree must meet all admission, thesis, proficiency, candidacy, comprehensive, and product of learning requirements for both programs.
The departments of Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy, and Psychology within the College of Arts and Sciences offer the following dual degree programs:
In addition to the programs above, the departments of Government and Justice Studies, Physics and Astronomy, and Psychology have partnered with the departments of Sustainable Technology and Built Environment in the College of Fine and Applied Arts and the Walker College of Business Graduate Programs and department of Management to offer the following dual degree programs:
- Business Administration - Interdisciplinary Business Concentration, MBA and Industrial-Organizational Psychology and Human Resource Management, MA
- Business Administration - Interdisciplinary Business Concentration, MBA and Public Administration - Public Management Concentration, MPA
- Engineering Physics - Systems and Laboratory Automation Concentration, MS and Applied Data Analytics - Interdisciplinary Analytics Concentration, MS
- Technology - Appropriate Technology Concentration, MS and Engineering Physics - Systems and Laboratory Automation Concentration, MS
- Technology - Renewable Energy Engineering Concentration, MS and Engineering Physics - Systems and Laboratory Automation Concentration, MS