Oct 03, 2023
Program Code: MS_304E
CIP Code: 11.0802
Program of Study for the Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics
Admission Requirements: Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; complete application to the Graduate School ; official general GMAT or GRE exam scores, unless waived; evidence of knowledge in statistics, economics, and domain specific knowledge for the concentration through course work, work experience or completion of the accelerated prerequisite program before taking graduate course work in those subjects.
To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the criteria for admission to the Graduate School. Meeting these criteria does not guarantee acceptance.
Standardized Exam Waiver Eligibility: The standardized exam (GMAT or GRE) requirement may be waived for applicants who:
- Have five or more years of full-time, professional work or military experience; OR
- Have completed a graduate certificate in Business Analytics at Appalachian State University with a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher; OR
- Who hold verified membership in Beta Gamma Sigma.
Accelerated Admissions Option: This program offers an accelerated admission option for undergraduate students currently enrolled at Appalachian State University.
Location: On Campus
Additional Information about Standardized Exam Waiver Eligibility
Any standardized exam waiver for a graduate degree program at Appalachian State requires that applicants hold a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher in their last earned degree (undergraduate or graduate; some programs have established higher GPA requirements). No exam waiver is automatic but will require review and approval by the Graduate School upon submission of a complete application. An approved waiver request does not guarantee acceptance into the program. A denied waiver request does not mean that a candidate is denied admission to the program, only that a standardized exam score is needed to more fully evaluate the application. Standardized test scores may be required for scholarship consideration.
Course Requirements for the Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics
Total Required (Minimum 36 Hours)
Required Courses (27 Hours)
Thesis or Non-Thesis Option (3 Hours)
Concentration Requirements (9 Hours)
Choose Two from the List Below (6 Hours)
Other electives may be chosen with approval of the program director.
Other Requirements for the MS in Applied Data Analytics
- Thesis: Optional
- Proficiency: Not required
- Candidacy: Required
- Students must demonstrate knowledge and ability in technology, statistical methods, business case analysis and professional presentation skills through a program level final project reviewed presentation.
- Comprehensive: Not required
- Product of Learning: Not required