Dec 06, 2023
Program Code: MS_304D
CIP Code: 11.0802
Program of Study for the Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics
Admission Requirements: Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; complete application to the Graduate School ; official general GMAT or GRE exam scores, unless waived; evidence of knowledge in statistics, economics, and domain specific knowledge for the concentration through course work, work experience or completion of the accelerated prerequisite program before taking graduate course work in those subjects.
To be considered for admission, applicants must meet the criteria for admission to the Graduate School . Meeting these criteria does not guarantee acceptance.
Standardized Exam Waiver Eligibility: The standardized exam (GMAT or GRE) requirement may be waived for applicants who:
- Have five or more years of full-time, professional work or military experience; OR
- Have completed a graduate certificate in Business Analytics at Appalachian State University with a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher; OR
- Have a cumulative undergraduate degree of 3.5 or higher; OR
- Hold verified membership in Beta Gamma Sigma.
Location: On Campus
Additional Standardized Exam Waiver Eligibility Information
Standardized exam (GRE, GMAT, MAT) waiver eligibility for graduate degree programs at Appalachian State varies by program. No exam waiver is automatic and an approved waiver request does not guarantee acceptance into the program. A denied waiver request does not mean that a candidate is denied admission to the program, only that a standardized exam score is needed to more fully evaluate the application. More complete information about standardized exam waivers can be found in the Admissions Requirements section of this Bulletin .
Accelerated Master’s Program
This program offers an Accelerated Master’s option for undergraduate students currently enrolled at Appalachian State University.
Course Requirements for the Master of Science in Applied Data Analytics
Total Required (Minimum 36 Hours)
Required Courses (27 Hours)
Thesis or Non-Thesis Option (3 Hours)
Concentration Requirements (9 Hours)
Choose 9 hours from the following list; other course options require permission form the program director and permission of the home department for the course.
Other Requirements for the MS in Applied Data Analytics
- Thesis: Optional
- Proficiency: Not required
- Candidacy: Required
- Students must demonstrate knowledge and ability in technology, statistical methods, business case analysis and professional presentation skills through a program level final project reviewed presentation.
- Comprehensive: Not required
- Product of Learning: Not required