Sep 23, 2023
Program Code: 352B
CIP Code: 52.1401
General Education Requirements (44 Hours)
The following 16 sh of major requirements can also count in the General Education Program:
- R C 1000 and R C 2001 (6 hours) count towards the General Education Writing Across the Curriculum requirement
- MAT 1035 (3 hours) and 1 hour of ECO 2100 fulfill the General Education Quantitative Literacy requirement
- ECO 2030 and ECO 2040 (6 hours) count towards the General Education Liberal Studies Experience requirement
COB Admission Requirements (27 Hours)
2.5 cumulative GPA (based on 12+ graded hours at ASU), 60 earned hours and completion of the following:
See www.advising.business.appstate.edu for link to test information
COB Lower Level Core
(2.0 average required; Minimum grade of “C- required in each course)
Students cannot be admitted to the COB with any outstanding grades of “I”.
*MAT 1035 , ECO 2030 , ECO 2040 , and one hour of ECO 2100 already count in Gen Ed.
Additional COB Core (25 Hours)
(2.0 average required)
*A senior check and, for students graduating in the term in which these are taken, a graduation application, must be completed prior to registering for these courses.
Global Issues Requirement
(met within the other degree requirements - does not require additional course work)
The Global Issues requirement can be met by satisfying one of the following:
- International business course (See list below)
- Business summer study abroad (minimum 3 hours)
- Semester long study abroad for credit
- Full-time 400-hour minimum international internship for credit
- Foreign language courses at or above the 3000 level
International Business Course
Other Prerequisite Information
Students must have 54 hours to take 3000 level COB core courses and 84 hours to take any 4000 level COB course.
In addition to other prerequisites, a minimum grade of “C” in a WID course is required prior to taking any 4000 level business courses.
No more than five business courses at the 3000 level or above, including graduate-level courses, can be taken by students not admitted to the COB.
*** IN ORDER TO GRADUATE, MARKETING MAJORS MUST ACHIEVE A MINIMUM AVERAGE GPA OF 2.0 IN THE FOLLOWING 21 HOURS OF REQUIRED AND ELECTIVE 3000/4000-LEVEL MARKETING COURSES. ***
Marketing Major Common Core (6 Hours)
General Marketing Concentration Required Courses (9 Hours)
Electives - General Marketing Concentration (6 Hours)
Select two of the following:
*Students may only count 3 hours of either MKT 3900 or MKT 3910 towards the marketing major electives. The internship cannot be the last credits earned.
College of Business Electives (3000/4000 Level) (6 Hours)
(cannot use FIN 3010 or MGT 3010 )
Free Electives (15 Hours)
- 2 hours any level outside of the COB (university requirement)
- 13 hours any level inside or outside of the COB (cannot use ACC 1050 , FIN 3010 or MGT 3010 )
Total Required (122 Hours)
(94 hours major requirements/electives PLUS 44 hours Gen Ed requirements MINUS 16 hours of major requirements already counted in Gen Ed)